Beef Agskills provides a basic guide to some of the skills and practices of beef production. The book contains step-by-step instructions, diagrams and full-colour pictures. Published in 2005, Beef Agskills is 80 A4 pages.
Table of Contents:
- General safety precautions
- Animal welfare
- Quality assurance
- Working safely in yards
- Working safely with cattle in a bailhead
- Drafting and counting cattle
- Recognising and avoiding stress
- Mouthing, drenching, vaccinating and injecting sick cattle
- Heat detection in cattle
- Problems associated with calving
- Castrating calves
- Individual identification of livestock
- Dehorning calves
- Early weaning of beef cattle
- Paddock appraisal of beef cattle, and
- Safe work method statements.
Price includes GST and postage and handling within Australia.