2 posts

Member for

5 years 10 months
Last seen: 09/15/2018 - 18:25
Joined: 09/09/2018 - 10:01


I'm looking at agisting my sheep with the neighbour, where do I go to get a contract ? Are the neighbours still liable for my sheep if they escape? Thanks for any advice.
Last seen: 07/15/2024 - 18:36
Joined: 02/28/2011 - 14:19

Hi Orhidplus,

Welcome to the farming small area forum, pleased to have you as part of the community.

If it is written into the agistment agreement that the person providing the agistment is responsible for the livestock then they will be liable. Also, it may be worth including in the agreement that they must maintain liability insurance during the agistment period. You can find more information and get a quote for hobby farm and liability insurance at

There are cheap agistment agreements that you can purchase online, however I cannot vouch for these. Personally I would enagage a solicitor to draft an agistment agreement, that way you know you are protected.

Hope this helps.




Our Sponsors

  • Rivendell finance

Our Partners

  •  Rivendell finance