Poultry Agskills provides a basic guide to some of the skills and practices of poultry production. The book contains step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and full-colour pictures.
Some of the skills included are: breed, rear or buy poultry, provide housing, collect and handle eggs, feed poultry and maintain poultry health.
Table of contents:
- Animal welfare
- General safety precautions
- Choose poultry
- Choose a breed
- Breed chickens using a hen
- Mechanically incubate chickens
- Buy and rear chickens
- Identify stock
- Purchase point of lay pullets
- Provide housing
- Manage broody hens
- Collect and handle eggs
- Feed poultry
- Maintain poultry health
- Prevent and treat external parasites
- Prevent and treat internal parasites and diseases
- Prevent the spread of disease
- Catch, check and dispose of spent birds
- Glossary of terms
- References and industry contacts
- What is a safe work method statement?
- Check your skills
Price includes GST and postage and handling within Australia.